John Edgar Sherrard
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University in 1970.
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida Law School in 1973.
- Admitted to the Florida Bar in 1974.
- Board Certified by Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in Marital and Family Law in 1985 (first year established).
- Board Certified by Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in Real Estate Law in 1987.
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator in 2008.
- Appointed to Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) January 2019.
- Commodore of the Pelican Yacht Club in Ft. Pierce – (1983).
- President of the Board of Directors of Hibiscus House Children’s Home – (1990 to 1993).
- President of the Board of Directors of New Life in Christ Church – (1997 to 1999).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Jupiter Christian School – (1998 to 1999).
- Overseer for River of Life Family Worship Center, Inc. – (2000 to 2001).
- Member of Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, Inc. – (2011 to 2013).
- Director of L.A.H.I.A (Love and Hope in Action), a ministry to the homeless – (2015 to present).
- President of L.A.H.I.A. – (2016 to present).
- Commenced the practice of law in May of 1974 in Fort Pierce, Florida.
- Established John Edgar Sherrard P.A. on January 1, 1977.
- Prior offices in Ft. Pierce, Pt. St. Lucie, and Stuart, Florida.
- Current offices located in Stuart, Florida, Serving the Treasure Coast and the Palm Beaches since 1977.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Attorney for the Realtors Association of St. Lucie, Inc. – (1977 to 2013).
- Chairman for the Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Realtors – (1984).
- Attorney for the Realtors Association of the Palm Beaches – (2013 to 2017).
- Chairman for the Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Realtors – (2019).
- Attorney For Martin County Realtors Of the Treasure Coast, Inc. – (1983 to present).
- Member of Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Realtors – (1987 to present).
- Member of Florida Bar Association and the Martin County Bar Association – (present).