John Edgar Sherrard
Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University in 1970.
Graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida Law School in 1973.
Admitted to the Florida Bar in 1974.
Board Certified by Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in Marital and Family Law in 1985 (first year established).
Board Certified by Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in Real Estate Law in 1987.
Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator in 2008.
Appointed to Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) January 2019.
- Commenced the practice of law in May of 1974 in Fort Pierce, Florida.
- Established John Edgar Sherrard P.A. on January 1, 1977.
- Prior offices in Ft. Pierce, Pt. St. Lucie, and Stuart, Florida.
- Current offices located in Stuart, Florida, but serving entire Treasure Coast.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Attorney for the Realtors Association of St. Lucie, Inc. – (1977 to 2013).
- Past Chairman for the Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Realtors – (1984).
- Attorney for the Realtors Association of the Palm Beaches – (2013 to 2017).
- Chairman for the Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Realtors – (2019).
- Attorney For Martin County Realtors Of the Treasure Coast, Inc. – (1983 to present).
- Member of Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Realtors – (1987 to present).
- Member of Florida Bar Association and the Martin County Bar Association – (present).
- Commodore of the Pelican Yacht Club in Ft. Pierce – (1983).
- Past President of the Board of Directors of Hibiscus House Children’s Home – (1990 to 1993).
- President of the Board of Directors of New Life in Christ Church – (1997 to 1999).
- Past Member of the Board of Directors of Jupiter Christian School – (1998 to 1999).
- Overseer for River of Life Family Worship Center, Inc. – (2000 to 2001).
- Member of Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, Inc. – (2011 to 2013).
- Director of L.A.H.I.A (Love and Hope in Action), a ministry to the homeless – (2015 to present).
- President of L.A.H.I.A. – (2016 to present).