John Edgar Sherrard has been board certified in Real Estate Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education since 1987. He has performed thousands of real estate closings and has been a title insurance agent since 1977. He has also represented clients in foreclosures, quiet title actions, administrative reviews of real estate taxes and real estate litigation since 1974. Whether you need assistance in drafting/reviewing contract or closing documents or you need representation at the trial level, he is well qualified to provide the best legal services available. Mr. Sherrard also prepares residential and commercial leases and represents landlords or tenants in eviction or enforcement actions. Real estate transactions can be complex matters that require the knowledge and experience of a qualified attorney. Mr. Sherrard has all of the knowledge and skills that years of real estate experience brings. He has also represented the Realtor Associations in St. Lucie and Martin Counties for over three decades and has a reputation as a knowledgeable and fair-minded professional who seeks solutions to difficult issues before resorting to litigation.
Since the beginning of the mortgage crisis, Mr. Sherrard has become an expert in short sales and the issues that affect sellers, such as asset protection and the best procedure for a seller whose mortgage value is greater than the property value. Sound legal advice in the face of foreclosure, bankruptcy or deficiency judgment is critical. Mr. Sherrard can provide that advice and assist you in determining if you need to consider bankruptcy or seek further asset protection advice.
Real Estate Services
- Provide All Closing Services and Title Insurance
- Drafting and Review of Contracts for Residential and Non-Residential Property
- Negotiating Contracts and Amendments
- Buyer/Seller/Landlord/Tenant Representation
- Transaction Consultation
- Resolution of Title Problems
- Review and Enforcement of Home Inspection
- Representing Clients at Real Estate Closings
- Drafting and Recording of Deeds and Mortgages
- Drafting Leases and Options to Purchase Contracts
- Broker Representation
- Drafting Contracts and performing closings for sales of businesses
- Real Estate Litigation
- Short Sales
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Quiet Title Actions
- Evictions and Landlord/Tenant Actions
- Partition of Real Estate
This is only a partial list of legal services available. If you have any questions or would like a dedicated real estate attorney to help you, call 772-283-9322 or schedule a consultation with our online contact form.