Formal Education:Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University in 1970.
Graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida Law School in 1973.
Admitted to the Florida Bar in 1974.
Board Certified by Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in Marital and Family Law in 1985. (first year established)
Board Certified by Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in Real Estate Law in 1987.
Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator since 2008.
- Commenced the practice of law in May of 1974 in Fort Pierce, Florida.
- Established John Edgar Sherrard P.A. on January 1, 1977.
- Prior offices in Ft. Pierce, Pt. St. Lucie, and Stuart, Florida.
- Current offices located in Stuart, Florida, but serving entire Treasure Coast.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Attorney for the Realtors Association of St. Lucie, Inc . – 1977 to 2013.
- Attorney for the Realtors Association of the Palm Beaches – 2013 to 2017.
- Attorney for the Realtor Association of Martin County, Inc. – 1983 to present.
- Member of Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Association of Realtors since 1977.
- Past Chairman for the Local Board Attorneys Committee for Florida Association of Realtors (1984).
- Member of Florida Bar Association and the Martin County Bar Association.
- Commodore of the Pelican Yacht Club in Ft. Pierce in 1983.
- Past President of the Board of Directors of Hibiscus House Children’s Home (1990-1993).
- Past Member of the Board of Directors of Jupiter Christian School (1998-1999).
- President of the Board of Directors of New Life in Christ Church (1997 – 1999).
- Overseer for River of Life Family Worship Center, Inc. – 2000 – 2001.
- Member of Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, Inc. 2011-2013
- Director of L.A.H.I.A (Love and Hope in Action), a ministry to the homeless, from 2015 to the present.
- President of L.A.H.I.A, 2016 to the present.
- For more information please contact Mr. Sherrard’s office by phone.